8747Re: 'mvim' problem

  • Nico Weber
    Aug 4 1:10 PM

      On 04.08.2008, at 16:42, clarkbai wrote:

      > When I try to open a .tex file, it shows a attention window:
      >
      > 'Swap file' "xxxxxxx" already exists.
      >
      > even when I open ~\.vimrc.
      >
      > Anyone can tell me why.

      this is usually because the file is already open in another vim window.

      If the dialog shows a "Delete it" option, simply click that.

      Otherwise, another vim instance (possibly another MacVim window) still
      has that file opened. You can open Activity Monitor and search for
      processes called "vim". There will be one for each MacVim window (and
      more, if you have some vims running in a terminal). Close all MacVim
      windows and then re-open the file. Now, the dialog should be gone (or
      at least offer a "Delete it" option for the swap file).

      HTH,
      Nico