8660Re: Feature Request: copy from vim, paste to Cocoa app: Would like menu option to 'Copy with Attributes'

  • Jjgod Jiang
    Jul 27 6:08 AM

      On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 8:54 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      > From the Cocoa perspective this feature is simple to implement: when
      > copying you can put multiple representations of the text on the
      > pasteboard. What you're asking for could be achieved by putting the
      > selection in "rich text" format on the pasteboard. However, (as far
      > as I know) Vim has no way of giving you the selected text complete
      > with attributes (such as font, bold, etc.) which makes this feature
      > hard to implement. In fact, hard enough for me not to want to attempt
      > it. :-/

      Well, since we use NSTextStorage (which inherits from NSAttributedString)
      to store the text for (at least MMTextView), it might be possible to bypass
      the vim process, simply give the text stored in that TextStorage. However,
      I do agree there might be some limitations.

      - Jiang