854Re: new vim binary for OS X (Jaguar)

    Feb 10, 2003
      Rain Dog wrote:
      > On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 10:57 AM, Rain Dog wrote:
      >
      >> Jay Lawrence wrote:
      >>
      >>> If you're routing around on focus code - one other thing that I would
      >>> really really appreciate is when Vim starts up can it become the top
      >>> window and be focused? As of now it starts at a much lower Z-level
      >>> and I have to click to raise and focus.

      Perhaps I should remind everybody: my ability to code on the Mac
      is limited to "make" and variants. I maintain the binaries and the web
      page at http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX but all the credit for improving the
      code goes to others.

      >> Attached is a patch that should fix this.
      [snip]

      This is great news! This has been at the top of my bug list for
      as long as I have had a bug list! <hint>
      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/#Bugs </hint>

      With this patch, it is much easier for other programs to
      communicate with vim. For example, a TeX previewer can call Vim with
      +222 to start at line 222 of the source file. I think I am now ready to
      ask Apple to post Vim on http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ .

      There is only one minor problem I notice. It is not directly
      related to this patch: it happens any time I start vim from the command
      line, which I never do without this patch. (Actually, it is not a
      problem when I start Vim from the command line with "open -a Vim" .) I
      get and "Error 254: cannot allocate color grey90" when I try

      :hi Normal guibg=grey90

      Any idea how to fix this? If not, I may modify the gvimrc_example.vim
      that I distribute, but I would rather not.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic