8310Re: Initial Plugin Architecture patch

  • Matt Tolton
    Jul 1, 2008
      > I've pushed your patch to the public repo. I did some rearrangement
      > to get a nice commit history so please go over it quickly to make sure
      > I didn't introduce any errors (I've looked it over too, of course).

      Great! I'll look at it.

      > I have two feature requests for you:
      >
      > 1. Add plugin versioning. Just something simple like
      > "<major>.<minor>" where the plugin manager only loads the plugin if
      > its major version matches (which would change if the interface
      > changes). You can use CFBundleVersion inside each plugin's Info.plist
      > for the version number (starting with e.g. 1.0). We're already doing
      > something similar in the "Integration pane" of the prefs panel with
      > the input manager, if you want to take a look at that. I'm sure you
      > know what I mean, but let me know if I'm being vague.

      Ok, I'll do this soon.

      > 2. Add plugin preference pane. It would be nice to be able to
      > enable/disable plugins by ticking a check-box (it's ok if you have to
      > restart for this to take effect).

      I will probably wait on this until it feels more necessary, if that's
      ok. There are some other things that I'd like to do that seem more
      important (like implementing autocmd notifications).

      Matt