8184Re: MacVim inline patch

  • kaoru
    Jun 19, 2008
      Björn,

      I wrote a patch to fix a drawing issue at the very
      edge of a window. And I remembered one more reason
      why I would prefer to using "inline" style rather
      than "pop-up" style. If I move a MacVim's main window
      while typing characters with the pop-up style Input Method,
      the pop-up window keeps its location even I can move the
      main window. I know this is quite a tiny issue and such a
      situation seldom occurs, though.

      You can see the screenshot of the patched version's MacVim at
      http://ozexp.blogspot.com/2008/06/macvim-input-method-2.html.
      Characters with underline are drawn by the Input Method.

      Basically, what the patch actually does is to use
      "NSAttributedString" istead of "NSTextField" for the Input
      Method. Most parts of the patch are related to the replacement.
      For other parts, I added some comments to the source to clarify
      what I intended to do.

      Thanks,

      Kaoru