814Re: patchmode truncates filename [carbon vim 6.1.184]

    Nov 17, 2002

      Sorry, I have lost some of my e-mail. I saved the patch, though,
      and tried it out. I do not have time to explore this more right now,
      but here is the strange output of
      :let @* = system("ls") :

      abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.originalfile
      abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.txt
      fjdskanffnhjakfbnjsdakvnjf.originalfile
      fjdskanffnhjakfbnjsdakvnjfgnrjwvnjfkanvjksad.txt

      More strangeness: when I simply do

      :ls

      many of the longer files are not listed.

      Details: I got this lovely collection if files by doing

      :set patchmode=.originalfile
      :e abc...txt
      <add a line>
      :w