809Re: [patch] Re: patchmode truncates filename

    Nov 13, 2002
      R. Edward Ralston wrote:
      > The following patch fixes a problem with 'patchmode'
      > truncating long filenames on MacOSX built
      > with the Carbon GUI.
      >
      > This patch is against vim 6.1.255

      [snip]
      > --- 310,322 ----
      > */
      > #define CMDBUFFSIZE 1024 /* size of the command processing buffer */
      >
      > ! #if defined(MACOS_X_UNIX)
      > ! # define MAXPATHL 1024
      > ! # define BASENAMELEN (MAXNAMLEN - 5) /* length of base of filename */
      > ! #else
      > ! # define MAXPATHL 256 /* Limited by the Pascal Strings */
      > ! # define BASENAMELEN (32-5-1) /* length of base of filename */
      > ! #endif
      >
      > #ifndef DFLT_MAXMEM
      > # define DFLT_MAXMEM 512 /* use up to 512 Kbyte for buffer */

      Thank you! If this patch works for me, I will post new binaries
      soon. (It has been a while...) What is the logic behind the definition
      of BASENAMELEN ? I assume -5 is to allow for the extension; it that
      guaranteed to be enough? Do we not need -1 for the "."?

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic