790Re: Vim 6.1 for Jaguar

    Oct 8, 2002
      On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 04:59 PM, Marc Liyanage wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      >>> and it installs like a packaged software bundle, but it still says
      >>> vim:
      >>> command not found...
      >
      > That is because Apple unfortunately removed /usr/local/bin from their
      > default command search path.
      >
      > You either have to start vim as
      >
      > /usr/local/bin/vim
      >
      > or add /usr/local/bin to your command search path. Check out my mysql
      > page for an example of how to do this in the default tcsh shell...

      They do some strange things...

      > There's nothing wrong with the package... It has been up there for a
      > while and I am sure it works on 10.2 because I use it heavily all the
      > time myself. I was able to compile soon after 10.2 was out it by using
      > gcc2 instead of the default gcc3. Interesting to hear about the 200+
      > patches though. I guess they enable a clean gcc3 compile?
      > Marc Liyanage                                  liyanage@...
      >                                             http://www.entropy.ch

      Thanks for the reply (and the package). I would have tested it
      myself, but my Jaguar disks are still in the box. (I backed up the
      system yesterday, so I will try it Real Soon Now.) Others are compiling
      vim (for Terminal.app and the Carbon version) with gcc3. I think there
      are some problems, not very serious, with configure. A couple of the
      patches are aimed at fixing these; you may still have to add -lncurses
      or something to the compile options. Only a few of the patches are
      mac-specific; most are aimed at fixing problems with the many new
      features added to vim 6.0.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic