729Re: Vim (Vi IMproved) for Mac OSX

  • Gregory Seidman
    Sep 16, 2002
      ewitness - Ben Fowler sez:
      [...]
      } In my hands, the DEFAULT_TERMINAL is set to ansi and is needed. I may be
      } wrong about this, and it would explain why I had to add the curses functions.
      } However, I would point out that even with guioptions 'gmrLtT', it is not
      } possible to activate the Toolbar, and there is no choice of font.
      }
      } (Arguably, Vim should be developed so that it used the Quartz graphics
      } model. I expect that currently it opens a text window and, well, draws
      } plain text).
      }
      } I am not up on the details of the non-gui MacOS vim, but if it doesn't
      } use ansi, whilst I can't promise to eat a hat, I would be prepared
      } to decapitate dentally a jelly baby of a less favoured hue.

      I have found that the vim terminal setting that works best for Terminal.app
      is builtin_beos-ansi.

      [...]
      } Ben.
      --Greg