7150Re: Latexsuite + MacVim: No View rule defined for target pdf

  • Ben Schmidt
    Apr 4, 2008
      Ben Schmidt wrote:
      > Kristian Niemi wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >> Thanks for chiming in!
      >> I downloaded latex-suite from their website [1] (it's version 20060325).
      >> MacVim from [2] (snapshot 24).
      >> I'll give the svn version of latex-suite a twirl!
      >> Just for the heck of it, I'll put that exact line in my .vimrc,
      >> although I already have a line there (and in the location the error
      >> message suggests) which should be equivalent. And, as has been
      >> previously stated, the variable _is_ set. It's like MacVim just
      >> doesn't like the answer. ;-) Maybe including a target ($*.pdf) in the
      >> command, that the var consists of, makes it happier. Who knows.
      >> Thanks for your help!
      >> /Kristian
      > Odd. That's the version of latex-suite I downloaded too. Maybe I'm doing something
      > wrong! This link seems to offer another more reliable solution...
      > http://www.mail-archive.com/vim-latex-devel@.../msg00093.html

      Aha! I found the error message, too! Line 43 of compiler.vim. Looks like setting
      that variable to blank would *cause* the error!

      It seems the previous bugfix was slightly buggy, too! This may be more robust:

      let Tex_ViewRuleComplete_pdf = '/usr/bin/open -a Preview $*.pdf'

      or such. Interesting. It will be fun getting my hands on some Tex stuff at some
      stage. One day...