7146Re: Latexsuite + MacVim: No View rule defined for target pdf

  • Ben Schmidt
    Apr 4, 2008
      krisse wrote:
      > This is driving me bonkers a t m.
      >
      > If I open a tex-file with macvim, I get a error message stating that
      > "No View rule [is] defined for target pdf", and advises me to "specify
      > a rule in $VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/tex/texrc".

      Where/how did you get latex-suite, Kristian? I downloaded the version from the
      sourceforge download site to try it out (haven't really got around to it yet), but
      can't even find that error message in the distribution!

      Still, googling, I found this page which might help

      http://www.mail-archive.com/vim-latex-devel@.../msg00006.html

      Looks like the solution is...use vim-latex from its svn, not its tarball, or "put
      something like let Tex_ViewRule_pdf = '/path/to/acrobat/reader $*.pdf' in your
      ~/vimfiles/ftplugin/tex.vim or .vimrc"

      Though to me this seems basically equivalent to what you did already, except that
      it contains something real. I guess I would probably do

      let Tex_ViewRule_pdf = '/usr/bin/open -a Preview $*.pdf'

      Where do you get your latex-suite, Ted?

      Also, Kristian, since this seems to be MacVim specific...which version of MacVim
      are you using? I agree this is quite strange.

      Ben.