7113Latexsuite + MacVim: No View rule defined for target pdf

  • krisse
    Apr 2, 2008
      This is driving me bonkers a t m.

      If I open a tex-file with macvim, I get a error message stating that
      "No View rule [is] defined for target pdf", and advises me to "specify
      a rule in $VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/tex/texrc".

      Allrighty. I add the following to that very file ($HOME/.vim/
      ftpl...):
      let g:Tex_ViewRule_pdf = ''

      Nothing changes; same error. Hmh. Oh well; I add it to $HOME/.vimrc
      --- but still no go! Frustrated, I try to add it to .gvimrc as well,
      but no, no go; same error continue to pop up.

      I don't get it if I use (10.5) native vim.

      I have checked that .vim is in $VIMRUNTIME, and yes it is.

      Tried to google this, but no luck there either.

      Do you have any ideas? I really don't need this ViewRule. Everything
      works fine, except for that annoying error-message.

      Any and every thought is appreciated. Thanks!

      /Kristian