693Re: vim for Jaguar

    Sep 7, 2002
      On Saturday, September 7, 2002, at 10:02 PM, David Johnston wrote:

      > On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 09:50:02PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
      >> OK, this is the second report I have received. The first time,
      >> it
      >> was suggested (and I accepted) that the culprit was the "set ffs+=mac"
      >> that I added to the system vimrc file. Now, I tried this with my copy
      >> of vim (6.1.141 on OSX 10.1.5) and loaded $VIMRUNTIME/filetype.vim
      >> (certainly with Unix-style line endings) without any problem. Can
      >> anyone diagnose this problem? I can think of three things that might
      >> affect this, perhaps in combination:
      >> 1. the vim binary for OSX 10.2
      >> 2. the 'fileformats' ('ffs') option
      > I just ran into this problem this morning.
      > Commenting out the 'set fileformats+=mac' line in the system vimrc file
      > fixes it for me.
      >> 3. the particular files being edited, if they have some strange
      >> combination of <CR> and <NL> characters.

      Does it happen with every file having unix-style line endings? If,
      for example, you have a problem with one of the files in the vim
      distribution, it will make the problem easier to reproduce. Since that
      line is not in the old system vimrc file, I assume you are using 10.2.

      Thanks for the help.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic