683Re: Vim (Vi IMproved) for Mac OSX

  • Rain Dog
    Aug 31, 2002
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > several of the official (numbered) patches are Mac-specific, so I
      > would try patching the sources before compiling. You might prefer
      > to use CVS to
      > download the patched source. (Can someone contribute an
      > OSX-specific HOWTO for
      > downloading by CVS? I could add that to the web site.)

      How about this:

      o cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim login
      o At the "CVS password:" prompt, press Return.
      o cvs -z3
      -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim co vim
      o cd ./vim/src/
      o open os_mac.rsr.hqx
      (launches StuffIt Expander to extract gui_mac.rsrc)

      Then, either

      o pbxbuild

      or

      o curl http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/files/Make_osx.mak > Make_osx.mak
      o make -f Make_osx.mak
      (I actually use "env IME=no make -f Make_osx.mak", because I get the
      "Undefined symbol: _GetACP" link error with the Input Method
      extensions.)

      Finally,

      o Periodically run "cvs update -d" from the vim/ directory to
      bring your
      copy of the source files up to date with the repository.

      > Have you looked at my bug list at http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/#Bugs ?
      > Briefly,
      >
      > 1. dialogue boxes
      > 2. forking
      > 3. "Hit Enter" when starting vim with drag-and-drop
      > 4. keyboard shortcuts in :menu
      >
      > The details are not entirely up to date (sorry): for 1, the patch
      > to disable
      > dialogue boxes (better than crashing!) became official at some point

      Did the patches I posted the other day not resolve the dialog box
      issues?
      (You'll need to reenable dialog boxes, of course.)

      Peter
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic