6550Re: Prefs work

    Mar 1, 2008
      On 29/02/2008, Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > the attached patch improves the Integration pane in the following ways:
      >
      > * If the input manager is installed and no ODBEditor was yet selected,
      > MacVim is selected automatically. That saves one click in the common
      > case.
      > * The list of editors is sorted alphabetically (instead of randomly)
      > * The current pane of the prefs dialog is remembered even if you close
      > MacVim
      > * Code is slightly cleaner

      I've merged and pushed your changes.

      > Stuff I still want to do:
      > * Compare bundle versions of installed input man and input man in
      > MacVim and suggest update only if MacVim includes a new one

      I guess that is not too urgent since we're not likely to update the
      input manager very often, but it would still be nice I guess.

      > * Probably move most of the new code to a new class
      > ODBBundleInstaller? This would keep MMPreferences cleaner

      I don't think that is necessary. If the prefs class gets overcrowded
      in the future then maybe we could do that, but I think you should
      leave it as it is for now.

      > * Add a real GUI. Duh.

      Hadn't noticed. Honest. :-P

      Thanks for the patch,