655[Fwd: Carbon VIM and Jaguar]

    Aug 5, 2002
      MacVim guys (especially Axel Kielhorn, Dany St-Amant):

      Thomas Koch, who compiled vim (Carbon) for Mac OSX 10.2, was bothered by
      the Hit-Enter prompt when opening a file by drag-and-drop. IIRC, this also
      happens in the classic version. He sent me the following note. I do not have
      time to look at this now; it looks like the wrong place to fix the problem, but
      it might point to the right one. Any comments?

      --Benji Fisher

      > Of course this is dirty hack, but if you comment out the following in
      > main.c
      > (around line 1583):
      >
      > settmode(TMODE_RAW);
      > if (need_wait_return || msg_didany)
      > {
      > /* here it is */
      > ---> //wait_return(TRUE);
      > TIME_MSG("waiting for return");
      > }
      >
      > starttermcap(); /* start termcap if not done by
      > wait_return() */
      > #ifdef FEAT_MOUSE
      > setmouse(); /* may start using the mouse */
      > #endif
      >
      > vim doesn't wait for a return.
      >
      > Maybe you can tell this the right persons.
      >
      > Tom.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic