64Re: vim-5.6 MacOS-8.6 vs Disklock - solved / update os_mac.txt!

  • Jean-Pierre Giacalone
    May 11, 2000
      Axel Kielhorn wrote:

      > >I had some feedback from Jean-Pierre and
      > >it seems that the problem has been solved:
      Hello Axel,

      I did a quick check this morning about your assumption.
      I wrote a short text file, gave it the name ".foo.txt"
      and ... got exactly the same behaviour as with swapfiles
      activated : the application crashes.

      I also tried to change the name of an existing file to
      ".name.txt" using regular MAC OS features and I was
      allowed to do it even though "DiskLock" was running.

      So it really seems that it's the way VIM writes files
      starting with a dot that creates the issue. Do we know
      how "DiskLock" protects the disk access ?

      Jean-Pierre.

      --
      Jean-Pierre Giacalone
      e-mail: j-giacalone@...