620Re: MacOS X, iconv and gettext emulation

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Jul 9, 2002
      Axel Kielhorn wrote:

      > At 17:18 Uhr +0900 2002-07-07, MURAOKA Taro wrote:
      > > > This means <StandardFile.h> and <Traps.h> are not included for
      > >> Are you sure these includes are not needed for MACOS_X?
      > >
      > >Thank you for notifing this. It is a mistake. I had expected that it
      > >means <StandardFile.h> and <Traps.h> are not included for MACOS_X, as
      > >you guessed. Those two header are not available on Mac OS X, and
      > >warnings are shown when compile.
      > >
      > >Try to fix this as below.
      > This compiles as advertized as long as iconv is disabled.
      > When I enable USE_ICONV I get complaints about
      > undefined EINVAL and E2BIG.
      > Both are defined for MPW but not for Codewarrior.
      > I guess this means no iconv support for MacOS Classic.

      In case it's just these two missing, can't you add:

      #ifndef EINVAL
      # define EINVAL 22
      #ifndef E2BIG
      # define E2BIG 7

      I think the numbers are the same everywhere. Even better is when you
      have an "errno.h" file to include.

      Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting
      someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."
      [real standing law in Louisana, United States of America]