620Re: MacOS X, iconv and gettext emulation

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Jul 9, 2002
      Axel Kielhorn wrote:

      > At 17:18 Uhr +0900 2002-07-07, MURAOKA Taro wrote:
      > > > This means <StandardFile.h> and <Traps.h> are not included for
      > >MACOS_CLASSIC.
      > >> Are you sure these includes are not needed for MACOS_X?
      > >
      > >Thank you for notifing this. It is a mistake. I had expected that it
      > >means <StandardFile.h> and <Traps.h> are not included for MACOS_X, as
      > >you guessed. Those two header are not available on Mac OS X, and
      > >warnings are shown when compile.
      > >
      > >Try to fix this as below.
      >
      > This compiles as advertized as long as iconv is disabled.
      >
      > When I enable USE_ICONV I get complaints about
      > undefined EINVAL and E2BIG.
      >
      > Both are defined for MPW but not for Codewarrior.
      > I guess this means no iconv support for MacOS Classic.

      In case it's just these two missing, can't you add:

      #ifndef EINVAL
      # define EINVAL 22
      #endif
      #ifndef E2BIG
      # define E2BIG 7
      #endif

      I think the numbers are the same everywhere. Even better is when you
      have an "errno.h" file to include.

      --
      Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting
      someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."