603Re: CarbonVim encoding problem

  • Sébastien Pierre
    May 26, 2002
      Le dimanche 26 mai 2002, à 04:03 AM, Benji Fisher a écrit :

      > On Saturday, May 25, 2002, at 02:17 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >

      >> Sébastien Pierre wrote:
      >>
      >>> I have checked with :version, and iconv has not been compiled in. This
      >>> may be the reason why the encodings do not work properly?
      >>
      >> Yes, without iconv no conversion is possible.
      >
      > Should I add something like "Enable font conversions with iconv"
      > to the list of bugs on my web page? Or is this something that I can
      > add at compile time?

      For people who have Fink (like me), libiconv is available. The problem
      is that when you add -I/sw/include in CarbonVim makefile there are "gcc
      duplicate declaration" errors. Iconv is a compilation option, so if you
      know how to enable the makefile to look for additional libs in /sw/lib
      and headers in /sw/include, this would be perfect :)

      Thanks,

      -- Sébastien.

      --
      «Big lies, big times / This love is not what we're about / It's
      too late, and I'm too straight / It's time to blow this fire