5972Changes to make Vim compile with X on OS X

  • Ben Schmidt
    Jan 5, 2008

      I recently had trouble compiling Vim on Mac OS X 10.4.9 with GTK2 GUI. As is
      mentioned in the Vim source, the X headers and Mac headers clash horribly. This
      means stuff has to be separated carefully into files that have X headers available
      and those that have Mac headers available, and they weren't quite sorted out
      right. The attached patch fixes it by moving code around:

      - Moved from os_mac_conv.c to mac_gui.c and made static to that file:

      - mac_utf16_to_enc
      - mac_enc_to_utf16
      - mac_enc_to_cfstring
      - mac_utf16_to_utf8
      - mac_utf8_to_utf16

      - A chunk of code from option.c has also been moved to os_mac_conv.c
      as 'mac_lang_init()'.

      - And a preprocessor conditional in globals.h was changed so X headers
      aren't expected when they aren't available.

      I thought it was the best of a bad bunch of options for fixing the issues.

      It now compiles for me, configured with

      ./configure --with-features=huge --enable-pythoninterp --enable-perlinterp
      --enable-rubyinterp --enable-tclinterp --enable-cscope --enable-gui=gtk2

      It would be good to have this or a similar fix in the official distribution.

      Might this have an effect on MacVim, Bjorn, or vim-coco, Jiang (sorry if names
      wrong...memory is hazy)? If so, perhaps you could suggest a better solution?