5951Re: Can't get MacVim to work!

  • Louis
    Dec 30, 2007
      On Dec 30, 4:14 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
      > >> can you try to open Terminal.app and paste the following line:
      >
      > >> open -a /Applications/_Nico/MacVim.app
      >
      > >> (make sure to quit all Vim processes spawned by MacVim and MacVim
      > >> itself -- you can do this in Activity Monitor, no need for ps).
      >
      > >> Is there any output if you invoke that command? If so, can you send
      > >> it
      > >> here?
      >
      > >> Thanks,
      > >> Nico
      >
      > > Same exact behaviour when I try this... Thanks for looking.
      >
      > ...so is there any output on Terminal? I only suggested that to see
      > error messages MacVim usually outputs if something is not working ;-)
      >
      > Nico

      ieeee! I take my last post back. Was using "open -a".

      $ /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g
      2007-12-30 10:26:37.872 MacVim[3323] LCC Scroll Enhancer loaded
      2007-12-30 10:26:38.746 Vim[3322] Exception caught when trying to
      connect backend: "[NOTE: this exception originated in the server.]
      *** Object does not implement or has different method signature"
      8H31H

      Louis