5946Re: Can't get MacVim to work!

  • Ben Schmidt
    Dec 29, 2007
      Louis wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I just realized that MacVim existed and I hope it will replace my use
      > of vim in Terminal (which I depend on greatly).
      >
      > But when I start up MacVim (the `normal' way, i.e. by double-clicking
      > the icon in /Applications) there is no window opened and all the menus
      > appear to be mostly empty.
      >
      > Below is what I see in the process table. Each time I request a "new
      > window" from the File menu, I get a new `Vim -g -f' process.

      Hmmm. Any relevant output in console.log or system.log (use
      /Applications/Utilities/Console to view them)?

      Which shell do you use?

      Does it work if you start it by a command in the terminal?:

      /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g

      How about if you double-click MacVim.app and then issue that command in Terminal?

      Any output in the terminal window when you do those?

      This is a bit odd. I'm just chucking some ideas out there in case they help...I
      don't really have any solid idea what could be causing the problem.

      Ben.