5555Re: MacVim crashes and recovery

  • Niklas Lindström
    Nov 14, 2007
      On 11/14/07, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

      > On 14/11/2007, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi!
      > >
      > > As happy as I am using MacVim, it has occasionally crashed on me.
      > > Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the steps, so I can
      > > give little input on what might be going on.
      > >
      > > (The scenario is usually about ~5 vim window sessions running -- in
      > > different Virtue virtual desktops, FWIW -- and suddenly grabbing the
      > > window bar of one macvim window to move it brings down MacVim.)
      >
      > Is this a recent issue? Can you estimate around which time it started
      > happening? Is all of MacVim crashing or is it just one window? I.e.
      > is the MacVim application still running or does it quit? Does it
      > leave any messages in the Console? Can you check your logfiles for
      > crash reports (check MacVim.crash.log and Vim.crash.log in
      > ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/) and let me know what they say?

      All of MacVim; all running instances disappear and the app is quitted.

      I think it's about a month since it first happend, more or less. It's
      only happened about four times I believe (and I run it *all* the
      time).

      The Console message from today said (only these lines at that moment in time):

      ---- 8< ----
      2007-11-14 13:28:23.822 Vim[22566] Exception caught when processing
      command queue: "connection is invalid"
      Nov 14 13:28:23 Iron crashdump[23439]: MacVim crashed
      2007-11-14 13:28:27.445 VirtueDesktops[22557] An instance 0x15e72890
      of class PNApplication is being deallocated while key value observers
      are still registered with it. Break on _NSKVODeallocateLog to start
      debugging.
      2007-11-14 13:28:27.446 VirtueDesktops[22557] An instance 0x3a7360 of
      class PNApplication is being deallocated while key value observers are
      still registered with it. Break on _NSKVODeallocateLog to start
      debugging.
      Nov 14 13:28:35 Iron crashdump[23439]: crash report written to:
      /Users/nlm/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MacVim.crash.log

      (A wild guess is that VirtueDesktops is just coincidentally there, but
      I have no real clue.)

      There was a <~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MacVim.crash.log> as well;
      I'll send it to you personally.

      Best regards,
      Niklas