5529Re: vim-cocoa 0.1 released

  • Nico Weber
    Nov 13, 2007
      > BTW, does anybody know whether there are any benefits if an app
      > is "pure Cocoa"? Or is it OK to occasionally use Carbon API in
      > Cocoa apps?

      As far as I know the main argument for cocoa (besides being more
      buzzword compliant :-P) is that apple is not porting the gui part of
      carbon to 64 bit, and is encouraging use of cocoa in general. Using
      carbon for non-gui stuff is fine, but if there's a cocoa api as well
      as a carbon api, using the cocoa api is more future-proof i guess (if
      there's no cocoa api yet, you don't have much choice, though).

      Nico