5527Re: vim-cocoa 0.1 released

  • Kazuki Sakamoto
    Nov 12 6:08 AM

      On Nov 12, 2007 2:15 PM, Jjgod Jiang <gzjjgod@...> wrote:
      > > A bad news is that it doesn't fully control the Input Method,
      > > i.e., the IM (such as Kotoeri) is still ON if I go to the normal mode
      > > by hitting ESC. I must manually turn off the IM. If I go back to the
      > > input mode I must turn it on again.
      > I'm aware of that, but vim-cocoa and carbon vim control the IM status in
      > different levels, maybe they have different capabilities, but I'm not sure.
      > It's still a problem to investigate, but I just don't have time to do so
      > recently.

      The attached patch will enable to control the IM in vim-cocoa.
      It uses carbon API, because cocoa API can't get the IM status
      as far as I know.

      And, I'm not sure I can use KeyScript(smKeyRoman) to enable the IM,
      'Roman' is Japanese input method, but carbon vim use this code.

      Also GetScriptManagerVariable() is deprecated in Leopard(Mac OS X v10.5),
      use TISCopyCurrentKeyboardInputSource, TISSelectInputSource, and so on.