482Re: Command-key menu equivalents

  • raindog@mediaone.net
    Jan 14 9:43 PM
      On Saturday, January 12, 2002, at 12:19 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > raindog@... wrote:
      >>
      >> Out of curiosity, does ":menu TeX.run\ tex<Tab><D-t> :call TeX()<CR>"
      >> work for you (i.e., does it allow you to type Cmd-t to run TeX)?
      >> Since I applied Dany St-Amant's patch (correctly this time, I think),
      >> command-key equivalents such as this don't work for me, unless at
      >> least
      >> one other modifier key is involved. This one has me stumped.
      >
      > I think I see the problem now. Adding "<Tab><D-t>" to the
      > :menu command does not do anything besides add (right justified)
      > text to the menu item. You need a :map command as well.

      It's supposed to do more, actually: gui_mac_doKeyEvent() dispatches each
      keystroke to the Menu Manager, which responds with the ID of a menu
      if the
      key is a registered equivalent for one of that menu's items. In
      that case,
      the command associated with the item is executed.

      This works in some cases:

      :menu File.Test<Tab><D-S-t> :echo "Test"<CR>

      causes Cmd-Shift-t to print "Test", but

      :menu File.Test<Tab><D-t> :echo "Test"<CR>

      doesn't have the same effect for Cmd-t.

      RD
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic