478Re: Command-key menu equivalents

  • raindog@mediaone.net
    Jan 11, 2002
      On Friday, January 11, 2002, at 11:20 AM, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > :menu TeX.run\ tex<Tab>\t \t
      > :map \t :call TeX()<CR>
      >
      > Is there any way to get '\t' (my keyboard shortcut for running
      > tex) right-justified in the menu?

      Not without a good deal of effort, I'm afraid. Carbon menu routines
      support only single-key equivalents with optional modifiers. To display
      arbitrary text, one would have to implement a custom menu (known as an
      "MDEF")--not an easy task thanks to I18N considerations. (It's a
      different
      story in Cocoa, incidentally, where it looks to be a relatively
      simple matter
      of overriding a couple of NSMenuItemCell methods.)

      > The menu command and the key mapping both work, but I do not see
      > '\t' in
      > the menu.

      Out of curiosity, does ":menu TeX.run\ tex<Tab><D-t> :call TeX()<CR>"
      work for you (i.e., does it allow you to type Cmd-t to run TeX)?
      Since I applied Dany St-Amant's patch (correctly this time, I think),
      command-key equivalents such as this don't work for me, unless at least
      one other modifier key is involved. This one has me stumped.

      RD
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic