4581Re: New snapshot (r38) of MacVim

  • Jeremy Conlin
    Aug 2, 2007
      On 8/2/07, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      This is kind of funny...just after having written that long rant I sat down and did some work on MacVim only to realise the menus behave very oddly if there are no Vim windows open.  The best short-term solution was to...here it comes...make MacVim quit automatically when the last window closes.  :)

      So lets see if anybody has any objections as to why MacVim _shouldn't_ quit when the last window closes.  Like Robert says, the good side to this solution is that this is more familiar to Vim users from other platforms;  the bad side is that it is not standard Apple behaviour.  Which one do people think is the lesser evil here?

      IMHO, I think an app should close when its last window is close.  I realize this isn't very Mac like, but this is a soft rule.  There are many apps that quit when their last window is closed.  In short, I think its an old tradition that is dying.

      Jeremy