4571Re: Vim with "Open With"

  • Niklas Lindström
    Jul 31, 2007
      Hi all!

      Ted, that looks quite convenient; thanks.

      However, my main problem with gvim.app and the like is that they
      expect Vim.app to reside directly in /Applications. I prefer to have
      subfolders there for different stuff (mainly to separate added apps
      from ones coming with OS X - when possible). What I do do, which the
      regular use case also implies, is have gvim.app and Vim.app in the
      same folder. Therefore I'd recommend that any launch scripts expect
      only that. A crude example (also sourcing .profile) of how to achieve
      that is at:

      . There may be better ways.

      Best regards,
      Niklas