4558Re: Vim with "Open With"

  • Ted Pavlic
    Jul 30, 2007
      > I guess MacVim suffers from the same problem -- the "Open With" menu is
      > there, but no care is taken to load the user's paths.

      Note: It looks like the problem I've always had has less to do with Vim
      and more to do with the "gvim" droplet (I think I got it from vim.org
      ages ago) that allows me to easily open files in Vim.

      It has a "script" in its resources that has this:

      =====
      #!/bin/sh

      VIM_APP_DIR=/Applications

      . /sw/bin/init.sh

      ${VIM_APP_DIR}/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -go "$@" &
      script (END)
      =====

      This seems a little silly to me. Changing that to something more
      reasonable should fix any old path troubles I had.

      --Ted

      --
      Ted Pavlic <ted@...>