4555Re: Vim with "Open With"

    Jul 30, 2007
      If you ever do figure out how to get Vim in the "Open With" menu, you
      may not like it. For example, my user paths aren't loaded when I load
      Vim via the Finder. If I want to run a compiler that's not in a standard
      folder (like LaTeX), this is pretty annoying.

      I guess MacVim suffers from the same problem -- the "Open With" menu is there, but no care is taken to load the user's paths.

      This could be fixed by sourcing the user settings, whenever a Vim process is launched from MacVim.  However, I'm not sure how to 'source the user settings'...how do you figure out which one it is (could be .profile, .bashrc, etc.), and is there a way of reading it short of launching /bin/sh (or whatever) and checking which environment variables got set?

      Has anybody got any ideas on how to do this?