4418Re: macatsui problem

    Mar 30, 2007
      On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 01:02:48PM +0100, Jorge Ferrando wrote:
      > First of all saying hello to everybody. I've just joined the list.
      > I'm new to mac but I want keep using that wonderful app called vim :D
      >
      > I've installed and configured vim and everything is working right
      > except 2 things.
      >
      > 1.- In INSERT MODE, BACKSPACE key doesn't work as in windows. I would
      > like it to remove previos character.

      This is probably a configuration problem.

      :help 'backspace'

      > 2.- If I use "set macatsui" the fonts are uglier, but if use "set
      > nomacatsui" the fonts are antialiased but I lose some characters.
      >
      > i.e.
      >
      > macatsui --> Espa?a crecer? en 2008
      > nomacatsui --> Espa?a crecer? en 2008

      If we had a perfect solution, we would not have the option.

      Try compiling with the ATSUI patch from
      http://wiki.macvim.org/wiki/VimPatches
      or one of the pre-compiled versions from
      http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php#Downloading .
      Please let us know how well it works. If this patch works well enough,
      we may not need the 'macatsui' patch anymore.

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic