4271Re: Using filetype plugin for plist file

  • Andre Berger
    Jan 14, 2007
      * listuser (2007-01-15):
      > Thank you for your replay, but actually it does not really help.
      > :he autocommand is far over 1200 lines long and I do not really know, what i am supposed to get out of it to answer my question.

      > I know how to use 'autocmd BufReadPre,FileReadPre', in a script in the plugin directory but I'd prefer to use a ftplugin.
      > Any suggestions?
      [...]
      > >>I have a plugin which I want to use as a filetype plugin for binary plist files (e.g. the ones locatet in ~/Library/Preferences).
      > >>I have "filetype plugin indent on" in my .vimrc file.

      > >>The plugin works correctly when i put it into ~/.vim/plugin/plist.vim but of course it is loaded for any filetype.
      > >>When I put it into ~/vim/ftplugin/plist.vim ist is not loaded when editing plist files.

      > >>What do do I have to do, to make vim load my plist.vim file when I edit a file with the suffix .plist?
      > >>I have read ":help add-filetype-plugin" I still can't figure it out.

      > >:he autocommand

      Martin, no top-posting please. This works for me:

      let SOURCEME=expand("/usr/local/etc/vim/plist.vim")
      if filereadable(SOURCEME)
      exe "source " . SOURCEME
      endif

      " treat .plist as xml
      au BufRead,BufNewFile *.plist set filetype=xml

      -Andre
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic