4254Combining diacritics in Vim.app

  • Kenneth Reid Beesley
    Jan 4, 2007
      Newbie question:

      I have Vim.app installed, version 7.0. on a Tibook running OS X 10.4.8
      When I launch it by clicking Vim.app, or using the 'gvim'
      command from xterm, I can insert Roman text without
      difficulty, but combining diacritics are not displayed properly

      E.g. if I type an 'e' followed by

      Ctrl-V u0300

      I should see an 'e' with a grave accent rendered over it.

      (0300 is the combining grave accent) the character 0300 is
      inserted in the buffer, and I can write the file and verify that the
      diacritic is indeed there, but it doesn't display in the vim window.

      How can I make such combining diacritics display properly in gvim?

      I also installed a plain vim, with +multibyte +huge, version 7.0.178
      Running inside an xterm, this version _does_ display combining
      diacritics properly.

      Any advice would be appreciated.

      Ken
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic