4191Re: embedding vim

  • Derrek Leute
    Oct 8, 2006
      If I have some time, is there any way I can help? Having embedded vim
      is my "dream goal" for a text editor in mac applications.

      I'm interested in putting vim in insertmode (or possibly using Cream
      with OS X if possible) and having a few things controllable from the
      OS X application. Switching buffers based on some interface selection
      in the OS X application as well as saving, opening and closing. My
      interface otherwise acts as a semi-ide. I'd prefer one instance of
      VIM while just using buffers to switch files.

      The other thing I'd like to catch is the notification that tells you
      when a file on disk has changed. My application also changes files
      that the embedded vim may be editing. I need to always answer "yes,
      load the new file".

      Feel free to e-mail me off list to discuss this.

      --Derrek

      On Oct 8, 2006, at 3:51 PM, Nicolas Weber wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      >> I am interested in embedding vim into a mac application I'm
      >> writing. Is there any way to do this?
      >>
      >> I see that there's a vimplugin for eclipse that opens vim through
      >> java terminal services. Could this be done in an OS X application?
      >>
      >> It also occurred to me that embedding vim through some subset of
      >> the Terminal.app may be possible.
      >>
      >> has anyone done this?
      >
      > I'm working on porting mac vim to the 'modern' mac apis. When I'm
      > done, you'll be able to use vim as a HIView. However, this will
      > still take some time, and you'll be able to have only one vim
      > control per app for now.
      >
      > HTH,
      > Nico
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic