4100Re: definitive terminal vim vs. gvim debate

  • David Sewell
    Aug 1 9:27 AM
      On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Adam Wolff wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I'm a long time VIMmer and a short-time OS Xer. I loved gvim on the
      > PC, and used it instead of cygwin VIM. However I think I've settled on
      > terminal VIM on the mac.

      I use vim with Terminal.app all the time. I mostly use Gvim in cases
      where I want to use the mouse a lot.

      I don't entirely understand the antagonism some folks in the Mac
      community have to Terminal.app; the older OS X versions had weak
      implementations, but the one in 10.4.7 is pretty good. It performs as
      well as iTerm on the old vttest program, for example (better on things
      like double-sized characters).

      DS

      PO Box 400318, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
      Email: dsewell@... Tel: +1 434 924 9973