4053Re: vim mac close button state patch

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Jul 9, 2006
      Nicolas Weber wrote:

      > this patch sets the close button state according to "Indicating
      > Changes With the Close Button" in the Apple HIG ( http://
      > developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/
      > OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGWindows/chapter_17_section_3.html ).
      >
      > I set the button state in gui_mch_flush(), if a buffer was changed
      > then gui_mch_flush() will probably called...at least I couldn't find
      > a better place to do this :-P

      I haven't tried it but it's good to try to make Vim look like other Mac
      applications.

      The implementation is rather brute force. I think it won't be difficult
      to add a call to where buf->b_changed is set or reset and only update
      the info then. I think it can be done in maketitle(), since that's
      where the "+" is added to the window title. Although perhaps unloading
      a changed buffer other than one that's in the current window needs an
      extra call.

      BTW: Instead of b_changed bufIsChanged() should be used, and only for
      loaded buffers.

      --
      At some point in the project somebody will start whining about the need to
      determine the project "requirements". This involves interviewing people who