40Re: vim-5.6 MacOS-8.6 vs Dislock - solved / update os_mac.txt!

  • Sven Guckes
    May 9, 2000
      I had some feedback from Jean-Pierre and
      it seems that the problem has been solved:

      I took a "wild guess" at the use of swapfiles -
      and Jean-Pierre said that "unset swapfiles"
      solves the problem with "Vim-5.6 vs Dislock".

      However, dropping swap files just to make
      Vim usuable on a Macintosh seems bad.
      Is there a way to solve this problem?

      Bram - please add a note on "Dislock" as
      an example for a program which makes Vim
      unusable when you use swapfiles. Thanks!
      (probably with ":help mac-vimrc").

      > From: Jean-Pierre Giacalone <j-giacalone@...>
      > Subject: VIM 5.6 for MAC (OS 8.6) crashes with Dislock
      > Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 22:05:37 +0200
      > I installed Dislock from PowerON Software (Disk protection and
      > password locking software) on my PowerMAC G3 on MacOS 8.6.
      > The last version of VIM, VIM5.6 for PPC is now crashing
      > as soon as I type in characters or crashes when loading.
      > Do you know where this is coming from?
      > Is there a patch that corrects this?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic