3960Re: [OT] Bug or Feature?

  • Chris Allen
    May 25 12:35 PM
      On 5/25/06, Andre Berger <andre.berger@...> wrote:
      > I don't know if it's a change in Vim 7.0, or a setting on my system--
      > anyway, I would like :w on a freshly started vim to behave as it did
      > before, the way :saveas does (see the file you just wrote in the
      > current buffer). Do you know what I mean?

      Err, I still get that message, certainly. As an aside, given that
      your questions have nothing to do with the Mac OS version of Vim
      specifically, you'd probably get better, faster answers on the main
      list ;)

      > Unrelated and off-topic, but something that's been bugging me for a
      > log time: Can I swap the behavior of gP and P in normal mode somehow?
      > I find that cursor move one character to the left irritationg if not
      > annoying and want to save a keystroke.

      You want nnoremap for that. Something like nnoremap P gP and nnoremap
      gP P (untested).

      HTH,
      Chris Allen
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic