3939Re: v7.0 and Umlauts

    May 10 4:48 AM
      On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 07:58:18AM +0200, Andre Berger wrote:
      > * 4mir Salihefendic (2006-05-09):
      > > Benji:
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > set nomacatsui
      > > set termencoding=macroman
      > > set encoding=utf-8
      >
      > Works for me too with Monaco:h14; note, the macroman termencoding
      > setting goes into gvim only, in my vimrc, termencoding is set to
      > UTF-8 to match the Terminal.app settings. This looks like a bug not a
      > feature to me.
      >
      > -Andre

      Andre:

      Good point. I will add a note to the FAQ. I have not tested this
      much, but I assume that 'macatsui' and 'antialias' make no difference
      when running in a terminal; ditto for 'guifont'. Both 'encoding' and
      'termencoding' should be left at their default values when running in a
      terminal, so you may as well set all of these (if you need them at all)
      in your gvimrc file.

      Does anyone disagree with this advice?

      --Benji Fisher

      P.S. macvim.org is close to its bandwidth quota. I may move to a
      different host this week, and it may be unreachable for a day or two.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic