3882Re: mapping alt-arrow

    Apr 24, 2006
      On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 08:40:29PM +0100, Afternoon wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I too am experiencing trouble mapping various key combinations in Vim
      > 7, both 7.0c2 and 7.0e.02. I can't seem to map M combinations or D
      > combinations, although doing <D-o> opens a buffer successfully.
      >
      > I'm also having problems mapping backspace, e.g. <M-BS> in both Vim 6
      > (my own build) and 7 (in GUI mode). I've had a bit of a read around
      > and it's clear that there are some terminal-related issues with
      > backspace. However, backspace is sending ^H as expected. :fixdel and
      > setting the value of t_kb doesn't seem to help any.
      >
      > Basically I'm trying to map lots of the core OS X editing key
      > combinations. Any help/insight anyone can provide with either of
      > these questions would be much appreciated. Looking forward to getting
      > Vim 7 really cooking.
      >
      > Ben

      If <D-o> opens a buffer successfully, then I think *some* <D-> maps
      must be working. Check

      :verbose map <D-o>

      This should tell you that it is defined in $VIMRUNTIME/macmap.vim . Of
      course, keys like <BS> are likely to be more problematic than alphabetic
      characters.

      I am afraid I cannot be much help on this. I can only tell you that
      it works for me on two PPC Macs, running OS X 10.3.9 and 10.4.5. You
      did not mention which version of OS X you are using.

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic