3747Re: Vim.app directory structure

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Mar 22, 2006
      Alan Schmitt wrote:

      > I have just compiled Vim.app on a Mac, and I have a couple quick
      > comments:
      > /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/bin/Vim -u NONE -esX -c
      > "helptags ." -c quit
      > /bin/sh: line 1: /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/bin/
      > Vim: No such file or directory
      > make[2]: *** [vimtags] Error 127
      >
      > The path to the application should be:
      > /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim
      > (there is no "bin" directory in /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/
      > Resources/vim/)

      Can you explain how you managed to get the executable name
      "Contents/Resources/vim/bin/Vim"? It doesn't happen for me. What
      configure options did you use or what changes to the Makefile did you
      make?

      > Another quick comment: it would be great to add an icon as well.

      An icon should already be added.

      > Thanks for this nice OS X integration.

      The way to fill the Vim.app directory changed recently, thus watch out
      for any trouble.

      212. Your Internet group window has more icons than your Accessories window.