3724Re: GUI build failing on OS X 1.3.9

  • Jussi Hagman
    Mar 14, 2006
      On 14.3.2006, at 11:52, Chris Allen wrote:

      > Creating Info.plist
      > m4 -DAPP_EXE=Vim -DAPP_NAME=Vim -DAPP_VER=7.0aa
      > -DICON_APP=gui_mac.icns infplist.xml > Vim.app/Contents/Info.plist
      > cp gui_mac.icns Vim.app/Contents/Resources/gui_mac.icns
      > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `os_mac.rsr.hqx', needed by
      > `bundle-rsrc'. Stop.
      > make: *** [first] Error 2
      >
      > I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I also don't know
      > when this started, since I only rarely build the Mac GUI version.

      I'm puzzled. os_mac.rsr.hqx is a binary encoded resource file that we
      use in the mac GUI version of vim. There is and should not be any
      special make rules for it. See that the file src/os_mac.rsr.hqx is
      found.

      Other than that I can't help at the moment, other than to say that on
      the latest snapshot I have (223) the resource file is alive and well.
      The snapshot compiles fine at least on OS X 10.4. Makefiles should
      not work differently in 10.3 either :)