3562Re: Problem with spell highlighting in gvim 7.0aa on Mac OS 10.3.9 and 10.4.2

  • Jussi Hagman
    Oct 25, 2005
      On 25.10.2005, at 13:08, Chris Allen wrote:

      > On 24/10/05, Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Well, that must be the reason then. :(
      >>

      > Yes, it is very disappointing. I generally use console Vim on OS X
      > just because it is so much better than the GUI. Sadly, the OS X
      > Terminal.app shipped with 10.3 is fairly buggy, too! Using xterm is
      > just too much work on OS X, since the integration just isn't there.

      You're totally right. Vim on OS X is no joyride at the moment. The
      GUI version is broken in various ways and the terminal on OS X is
      quite bad too, it still is on 10.4...

      I was going to use my summer holiday on fixing Vim but I was very
      unproductive and lazy. I hope I'll get some patches done now and I
      hope there would be new people, in addition to the old timers, who
      would find it an interesting project to work on.

      >> I would guess with some fiddling with the code you can use multibyte
      >> with the QuickDraw textrendering, but it too could have some issues.
      >> I have provisional simple patches for undercurl and italic which I'll
      >> post soon. The italic patch works just with the QuickDraw rendering..
      >>

      > I would have thought that with some fiddling the underlining and
      > italics could probably be made to work with ATSUI. I suspect it is
      > just an implementation issue, but I haven't got time to look right
      > now.

      Sure it can be done and I'll try to take a look into it when I have
      more time. But switching to QuickDraw rendering is the quick fix if
      that is needed.

      > It does not. I won't complain, though, at the font size I use. If I
      > increase the font size on this machine to something where antialiasing
      > wouldn't just blur the issue I get a load of minor, but irritating
      > drawing bugs.

      OK. Thanks for the information.

      Greetings,
      Jussi