354Re: package for MacOS X

  • Gregory Seidman
    Oct 31, 2001
      Benji Fisher sez:
      } Gregory Seidman wrote:
      } > Has anyone prepared a package containing vim and gvim binaries compiled
      } > against Carbon with MacOS X unix support? If someone has done so, it
      } > would be great if it appeared on Apple's MacOS X software site. If not,
      } > I encourage who has gotten it to work to go about packaging it.
      } >
      } > --Greg
      }
      } I have compiled terminal and Carbon versions of vim for OS X. If
      } you can point me to a packaging HOWTO then I will make them available.
      } I am not sure vim is ready yet for something as public as Apple's web
      } site, but I could put this on my idisk (or Axel's).

      Are they compiled with Unix integration? You can :r !command and :.!command
      and all that sort of stuff?

      I realized after I posted the previous message that I didn't really mean
      packaged. A .tgz of the binaries and vim directory, in their places in
      /usr/local, is really what I meant (i.e. one would untar from / and the
      files would all go in the right places).

      I know I ran across a console-only package of vim for MacOS X at some
      point, and I think it was at Apple's site, so I don't see why the
      terminal+Carbon version shouldn't be. Besides, emacs is available on
      Apple's software site, so vim certainly should be.

      } --Benji Fisher
      --Greg
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic