339Re: new developer, longtime user

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Oct 24, 2001
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > Gregory Seidman wrote:
      > > 3) support for what emacs calls multiple "frames" and what I would call
      > > multiple windows except "windows" already means something else
      >
      > This has been suggested before. There are problems with it, starting
      > with the problem of making it portable. The change in paradigm may be
      > an even more serious problem. I do not think you will get much
      > support with this, at least not from Bram.

      Oh, you have my support for attempting to implement this, trying various
      alternatives and showing how it works. But I won't include anything
      unless I'm convinced all major issues are taken care of (such as how to
      deal with typing ":" commands and what to do with their output. And can
      each frame be in a different mode?)

      246. You use up your free 100 hours in less than a week.