327Re: VIM on Mac OS X

  • Ken Scott
    Oct 16, 2001
      On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Eugene Lee wrote:

      > On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 10:13:02PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
      > :
      > : Eugene Lee wrote:
      > : >
      > : > On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 01:09:30PM -0400, david craig wrote:
      > : > :
      > : > : I'd like vim available in terminal. Any guidance would be appreciated.
      > : > : This is separate (or is it?) from a carbonized version of MacVIM.
      > : >
      > : [6 steps snipped]
      > :
      > : Thanks for the detailed instructions. For those who do not have the
      > : "developer tools" installed (tsk, tsk) there are pre-compiled versions
      > : available. Here is one link (with one of the beta versions of Vim 6.0):
      > : http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html#vim
      >
      > No problemo. I'm waiting for a version of MacVim that can be compiled
      > with Apple's Developer Tools to make a nice Cocoa app. :)

      The current Vim source code (if you include the extra archive) is supposed
      to build a Carbon version of Vim. In my experience, this is technically
      true -- I can build it, but as soon as I try to run it, it dies with a
      signal 10 (SIGBUS) error as soon as the initial window opens.

      Any clues of where to start looking would be cool. I'm brand new to
      programming on the Mac, not to mention OS X.

      Ken

      --
      ><> Ken Scott kscott@... http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

      This is the day that the Lord has made;
      I will rejoice and be glad in it! -- Psalm 118:24
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic