323Re: VIM on Mac OS X

  • Ken Scott
    Oct 15, 2001
      If you have the Developer Tools installed, then having vim in Terminal is
      simple. Just download the current Unix source code, expand it somewhere
      (your home directory is fine) and run the following:
      sudo make install

      vim will now be available in Terminal.

      I've been trying the build the Carbonized gvim (which is supposed to work
      in the current sources), but it dies as soon as I start it. :(

      Ken Scott

      On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, david craig wrote:

      > I'd like vim available in terminal. Any guidance would be appreciated.
      > This is separate (or is it?) from a carbonized version of MacVIM.
      > [My perspective is that of someone who's been USING unix for a long,
      > long time to get my work done. I've never managed a unix system nor
      > have I programmed anything on a unix box in years. So while I'm
      > thoroughly comfortable with the unix gestalt, I'd need help compiling a
      > binary or something.]
      > Thanks,
      > David Craig
      > <http://www.panix.com/~dac/>

      ><> Ken Scott kscott@... http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

      This is the day that the Lord has made;
      I will rejoice and be glad in it! -- Psalm 118:24
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic