2960Re: Vim cursor

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Dec 7, 2004
      Jan Eden wrote:

      > there is one feature in gvim I really like, namely the change of the
      > cursor to a thin line to reflect the insert mode. Is this available in
      > the CLI version, too?

      If you can find out the escape sequence that the terminal uses to change
      the cursor shape.

      Currently sending an escape sequence on entering/leaving Insert mode is
      not implemented for Mac OS, but it's quite simple to add. Thinking of
      this, a generic solution would be to add entries to allow you to set the
      escape sequences. Then you can set them when you know what the terminal

      Contrary to popular belief, it's often your clothing that gets promoted, not
      (Scott Adams - The Dilbert principle)