2960Re: Vim cursor

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Dec 7, 2004
      Jan Eden wrote:

      > there is one feature in gvim I really like, namely the change of the
      > cursor to a thin line to reflect the insert mode. Is this available in
      > the CLI version, too?

      If you can find out the escape sequence that the terminal uses to change
      the cursor shape.

      Currently sending an escape sequence on entering/leaving Insert mode is
      not implemented for Mac OS, but it's quite simple to add. Thinking of
      this, a generic solution would be to add entries to allow you to set the
      escape sequences. Then you can set them when you know what the terminal
      supports.

      --
      Contrary to popular belief, it's often your clothing that gets promoted, not
      you.