2795Re: :split and scrolling doesn't work?

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Oct 12, 2004
      Daryl Basil Biberdorf wrote:

      > Bram, apologies for my ignorance. I did some reading
      > on OS X bundles, and finally figured out how to do what
      > I needed to do. I removed the 'set noscrollbind' commands
      > I added to ~/.gvimrc and ~/.vimrc and started Vim with:
      > /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g -c 'verbose set scrollbind?'
      > from the OS X terminal window.
      >
      > Nothing is setting scrollbind, so, in this OS X build
      > at least, scrollbind is the default, rather than noscrollbind.
      >
      > The configure script for building the app didn't reveal anything,
      > but I'm an autoconf neophyte also.
      >
      > As a final complication, even if I add 'set noscrollbind' as the
      > very last line in ~/.gvimrc, it has no effect, even when Vim
      > indicates ~/.gvimrc is the last file sourced (according to
      > /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g -V).

      In that case it must be an autocommand kicking in. Check for a
      "VimEnter" autocommand somewhere. Also, try editing a different kind of
      file. Although it's unlikely that a filetype plugin would set
      'scrollbind'.

      > Can anyone else here confirm the default scrollbind behavior
      > in the Vim 6.3 Mac OS X build?

      I'm quite sure 'scrollbind' is off by default in all builds.

      --
      Never eat yellow snow.